The Town of Johnstown Town Council has changed the Small Business Micro Grant Program eligibility so that the program is able to help more local businesses through the effects of COVID-19
Johnstown, CO – July 21, 2020 – During Monday night’s Town Council Meeting, Town Council Members made another effort to aid local small businesses by changing the eligibility requirements for Johnstown’s Small Business Micro Grant Program.
The Council discussed the following changes and clarifications at Monday’s Council Meeting and leaves the discretion of awarding a grant to those who do not meet all defined eligibility requirements to the Review Committee.
- Those who do not have a business license currently may apply for a business license and then apply for a grant, eliminating the need to have had a license prior to March 10.
- Already awarded applicants who requested less than $10,000 on their original application can now reapply to request the difference, if needed.
- Those businesses who have “less than 1 employee” whereby the owner is working for themselves, are welcome to apply for the Micro-Grant.
- Those businesses who have more than 50 employees are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
At this time, for businesses to be eligible an applicant must:
- Have an active Town Business License
- Have at least one physical location within the Town, with no more than three total locations
- Have had 1-50 employees on March 10, 2020 (“Employee” can include the owner)
- Not be, or not have been, engaged in any illegal activity
- Show that historical profits would have been sufficient for the business to stay in operation and that COVID-19 outbreak has had a negative impact
- Be registered and in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
For a complete Program Description of the Small Business Micro Grant, the online application, and a list of the required documents that need to be submitted, please visit https://townofjohnstown.com/377/Micro-Grant.
Jamie Desrosier, Communications Manager