Applicants who did not request the full amount in their first application may submit for the difference, up to $10,000.
Purpose: The Small Business Micro Grant Program (the “Program”) is designed to help small businesses in the Town of Johnstown (“Town”) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What you need to know: To help support the small businesses, the Town created the Program to provide grants to help small businesses immediately offset some of the economic impacts arising from the pandemic. Micro grants up to $10,000 will be available for small businesses in the Town.
How to apply: Please complete the PDF application or the online application below and mail your (application) and supporting materials to email@example.com.
Review Process: The Town will review applications submitted and funding will be received on a first-come, first-served basis. Grants will be awarded in the sole discretion of the Town based on the submission of the required documentation, the responses provided in the application and any other factors the Town deems to be relevant. The Town may, but is not required to, provide a reason for the denial of an application or for the determination of the amount of the grant award. Submitting an application is not a guarantee of a grant award and the Town may terminate the Program at any time, for any reason, or when available funds are depleted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have an active Town Business License
- Have at least one physical location within the Town, with no more than three total locations
- Have had 1-50 employees on March 10, 2020 ("Employee" can include the owner)
- Not be, or not have been, engaged in any illegal activity
- Show that historical profits would have been sufficient for the business to stay in operation and that COVID-19 outbreak has had a negative impact
- Be registered and in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- *Businesses who have more than 50 employees are encouraged to email MicroGrants@townofjohnstown.com for consideration.
An applicant needs to submit the following documentation:
- Completed grant application form (PDF or online)
- 2019 Tax Return/K-1 (or, if not filed, 2018 returns)
- W9 Form
- 2019 Financial Statements (if not complete, 2018 statements may be substituted for the incomplete portion and if available)
- Verification of cash flow needs
- Itemized budget for fund request
- Other information and documentation as may be requested by the Town subsequent to submission of the application
The Town of Johnstown understands and supports the public's right to access public records. Information submitted through the Program is a public record and may be subject to disclosure under the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. §§24-72-200.1, et seq.