Planning & Zoning Commission
The Johnstown Planning and Zoning Commission is a committee of seven residents who have been appointed by the Town Council to review matters related to planning and development. The Commission meets on a regular, as-required basis to consider land use matters, including the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, sub-area specific plans, and to hold public hearings regarding property-specific annexations, special use permits, and subdivisions. The Commission is an advisory body and makes recommendations to the Town Council. Because the Commission focuses on community planning issues, it is a valuable intermediary between the public and the Town Council. The Town Planner provides research and technical and administrative support to the Commission.
Seven Johnstown residents are appointed by Town Council for four-year terms to serve on the Commission:
- Lila Montez, Chair
- Paul Kingsolver
- Larry Storms
- Patricia Kiovsky
- Jason Grentz
- Bruce Weber
- Vacant Position (interested parties apply using below application)
- Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m., on Wednesday evenings, at Town Hall – 450 S Parish Ave., Johnstown, CO.
- Regular Planning & Zoning Commission meetings are scheduled for the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Supplemental meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of the month only as necessary.
- Meetings are held only when there are items on an agenda.
- Agendas will be published below at least 5 days prior to each meeting.
- All meetings are open to the public, and all residents of the area are invited to attend.
- Most items heard by the PZC will also be review/heard by the Town Council at their subsequent regular meetings.
- *Remote Meetings* If you have something to present, please send in the items by Monday, 5:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote Meetings: For those meetings marked *remote, please use the below information to access remote meetings either on the phone on on the computer. Remote meeting etiquette is as follows:
All Attendees will show up on the Participant list. To request permission to speak, an Attendee must raise their hand by clicking on the “Raise Hand” button at the bottom of the screen. Attendees calling in must enter *9 on your phone and a raised hand will appear on your behalf and be monitored by the host. The host will call on the person or phone number that has raised their hand when they are identified to speak, and the host will then unmute that individual. Please limit your comments to 3 minutes or less.
It is imperative that Attendees follow directions and maintain meeting decorum. Failure to so will result in the loss of speaking privileges. We expect politeness and kindness at the Town of Johnstown Planning and Zoning Commission Meetings and anything less will subject an attendee to expulsion from the meeting at the note of our host and/or Commission.
Any comments that contain, but are not limited to, the following are not allowed at Town of Johnstown Public Meetings:
- Contains profanity, obscenity, or materials that appeals to the prurient interest
- Contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
- Contains offensive terms that target protected classes Is uncivil, threatening, harassing or discriminatory
- Contains defamatory remarks, personal attacks, or threats against any individual person or groups of people
- Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
- Contains information that reasonably could compromise individual; or public safety
Join Our Remote Meeting Using Below Information
|Dial-in Information: 1-669-900-9128|
Access Code: 890 3255 2297